- Overall Responsibility
- Manage inventory as well as warehouse, transportation, and other logistics processes
- Manage, coach and develop a high logistics team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice
- Manage the warehouse to operate effectively and efficiently, and ensure cleanliness of the building and premises.
- Ensure that logistics team members are assigned to perform all of their tasks.
- Verify the documentation/specifications of the inventory prior to arrival and to arrange for proper receipt/inspection and storage space.
- Establish delivery schedule for inventory movements, enabling work force and space planning.
- Control the storage conditions and stacking of items is appropriate and safe.
- Check that the Layout and storage plan is updated and matching the physical placement of inventory in the storage area.
- Check the completeness of documents according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Response to any issues or complaints related to transportation, logistics systems, imports or customer side.
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in an agreement.
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, regulations, guidelines, SOP and health and safety requirements.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Any Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five-years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations
- Must have strong verbal and written in English.
Skills or Competencies Requirement
- Ability to multi-task and excellent attention to detail skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of logistics and inventory software
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with strong team spirit.
- Patient, persistent with good manner, respect commitment, open-minded and eager to learn.